Merchant Banking Services
MERCHANT BANKING SERVICES
Canara Bank is one of the leading " Merchant Bankers / Investment Bankers” in India, offering specialized services related to Capital Market to Banks, PSUs, State owned Corporations, Local Statutory bodies, Corporate sector including MSMEs.
We are SEBI registered Category I Merchant Banker (holding permanent certificate of registration) rendering Issue Management (Public / Rights / Private Placement Issues), Underwriting, Consultancy and Corporate Advisory Services etc, as a Capital Market Intermediary.
We also hold SEBI Certificate of Permanent Registration to handle “Bankers to an Issue” assignments with network of exclusive Capital Market Service Branches for handling Collecting (Escrow)/Refund/Paying Banker assignments. We are also a Self Certified Syndicate Bank for extending Application Supported by Blocked Amount (ASBA) facility through our Branches.
We do undertake "project appraisals" with linkage to resource raising plans from Capital Market/ Debt Markets and facilitate tie-ups with Banks / Financial Institutions and Potential Investors.
Our uniqueness is in extending services through single window / “In house” concept in the following areas:
- Merchant Banking
- Commercial Banking
- Bankers to Issue - Escrow Bankers / ASBA
- Loan Syndication
As leading Merchant Bankers in India, we have been associating with issues involving various types of industries, banks, statutory Bodies etc. and have an edge in handling Private Placement issues – both retail & HNIs/QIBs.
SPECTRUM OF SERVICES:
Equity Issue Management (Public/Rights)
Debt Issue Management
Monitoring Agency Assignments
Security Trustee Services
Buy Back Assignments
Employees Stock Option Scheme - Certification
Issuing & Paying Agent (IPA) for Commercial Paper Issues
ISSUE MANAGEMENT SERVICES:
DRHP/RHP- Compilation of Offer Document.
Formalities with SEBI / Stock Exchange / ROC etc.,
Promotion /Marketing of Issues
Collecting Banker / Banker to an issue
Post Issue Management
Registrar & Transfer Agency (our Subsidiary)
ASBA-Self Certified Syndicate Bank
- On tap Retail Private Placement Bond Issues- Arrangers/ Collecting Bankers.
- Fair Market Valuation of Shares (Involving Indian and Foreign Accounting Standards).
A S B A [Applications Supported by Blocked Amount] Enabled SCSB
Applications Supported by Blocked Amount [ASBA] is an initiative by SEBI to make the process of Subscription to Capital Issues (Primary) more efficient. Under this system, the application money will remain in the account of the customer, earning interest till the allotment process is completed.
We offer this facility to our CASA account holders intending to invest in capital issues (both public and right issues).
A hold is created in the account of the customer to the extent of value of shares applied for in the primary market and the hold is released after the finalization of Basis of Allotment. The blocked amount is transferred to the issuer company to match the quantum of shares allotted.
The following are the requirement for applying through the ASBA process by the Account holder:
- Account holder / Investor should be from the approved category eligible to apply as per SEBI guidelines.
- Should have a Savings / Current account (CASA) with us linked with Permanent Account Number (PAN).
- Should have a Demat Account with a Depository Participant linked with same PAN number.
- CASA account and Demat Account both should linked with same PAN.
- Availability of sufficient balance in the account for creating a hold in the account to the extent of application money required/mentioned in the ASBA application, above the minimum balance.
The following options are available to the ASBA investor:
- As per SEBI guidelines, Investor shall use only his/her own bank account linked with Permanent Account Number(PAN) to make an application in public issues.
- Applications made using third party bank account or using third party linked bank account are liable for rejection. In other words, the applicant and the account holder should be the same and PAN should match.
- ASBA Application can be submitted at our branches.
- ASBA applications can also be submitted through intermediary by using UPI linked Bank account.
- Option available to the investor to revise the bid/delete the bid within the bidding period.
- ASBA facility extended for internet customers. Login to Net Banking> Under Main Menu> Services>Others>ASBA > Issues which are open will pop up
To download ASBA application forms, visit following websites:
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY IN 54 EC CAPITAL GAINS TAX EXEMPTION BONDS
- RURAL ELECTRIFICATION CORPORATION (SERIES XIII) FY 2019-20
- NATIONAL HIGHWAYS AUTHORITY OF INDIA (SERIES XIX) FY 2019-20
- INDIAN RAILWAY FINANCE CORPORATION (SERIES III) FY 2019-20
- POWER FINANCE CORPORATION (SERIES III) FY 2019-20
WE ARE “ARRANGERS” and “COLLECTING BANKERS “to the CAPITAL GAIN Bond Issues. (Private placement)
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT CORPORATE MERCHANT BANKING DIVISION, H.O /OUR MBDs/CMSBs as per details below:
MERCHANT BANKING SETUP:
Corporate Merchant Banking Division, S P & D Wing, Head Office,
112 J C Road
Mr. R Balakrishanan
Mr.Shrikanth P Udupa
Merchant Banking Division,
G 14, C Block, BKC Complex, Bandra ( E) Mumbai – 400 051
Mrs. Nirmala Ramakrishnan,
Merchant Banking Division,
Jeevan Bharti Building,
Tower-II, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi-110 001
Mr. Sunil Kumar Khanna, Manager
CAPITAL MARKET SERVICE BRANCHES:
Capital Market Service Branch, Jeevan Bharti Building,
Tower-II, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi -110001
Mr. Mohit Kumar, Officer
Capital Market Service Branch Cell, Stock & Commodity Exchange Branch, Atlanta Building, Nariman Point, MumbaI- 400 021
Mr. Manmohan Panwar
Capital Market Service Cell, Narayan Chamber,
Nehru Bridge Corner , Ashram Road, Ahmedabad-380 009
Mr. Rajesh Kumar,
For status of Bonds after submitting of application Investors may contact Registrars / Company.